Want to write an eBook? Here are 5 tips to help you write non-fiction eBooks that are clear and readable:
- When you are knowledgeable in a particular area itâ€™s easy to forget that your readers arenâ€™t! Help them out by writing a good introduction explaining any jargon or niche specific phrases as you go.
- Break chapters down by using headers and bullet points. If your book requires the reader to take action then perhaps create a bulleted list or â€˜take actionâ€™ boxes, you can also direct people to additional resources in this way.
- If your topic requires it, provide visual stimulus such as images and diagrams to aid understanding. Ensure that any charts or diagrams are easy to follow though as otherwise they could end up being more confusing! Similarly if the topic is complex do not be afraid to explain it in laymanâ€™s terms, your readers will thank you for it.
- Throughout your chapters when referring to sub topics covered in the eBook make reference to the chapter to allow readers to flick back and forth to encourage a deeper understanding of the content.
- Wrap your eBook up well with a good conclusion. A conclusion shouldnâ€™t share any new information but should simply recap on whatâ€™s been covered. This is the perfect place to highlight your other materials and services.