You don’t have to be technical to create apps or online software. Here are some tips to help:
- Start with a problem. If there’s no problem or ‘need’, no one will use it. That need might be causing pain or it might be a need for entertainment, either way have a reason beyond ‘I thought of it’ to create your app.
- Find the simplest solution. Users don’t want to do anything complex, they want easy. Find the shortest route to solving the problem.
- Get REALLY clear if you are asking a tech to develop your app for you. Tech people like details, minute details. Have a really clear idea of exactly how everything should look and work. Their job is to build it, not design look and plan out functionality.
- Find a great tech person. A great app needs a great tech person, don’t scrimp.
- Be patient. Creating software isn’t an overnight process. Small details can take a lot of coding, be patient and expect obstacles along the way.